GSE is looking for teachers, graduate students or upper level undergraduate students who are well-versed in the startup perspective, with a broad range of interests and experiences. Team Leaders will expand the intellectual and creative horizons of GSE students by coaching them in product/service design and development, and components of a business model. Emphasis is placed on innovation, customer development (validation), iteration and pivoting, and triple-bottom line philosophy. Team Leaders must work well with young people and be willing and able to make every topic experiential and relevant. They should be creative problem-solvers who are enthusiastic, flexible, and energetic and who can help teams of high school students to function well in an intensive, ever-changing environment.
Team Leaders are expected to participate in a living-learning/working situation with the students which may include evenings and weekends.
Some specific duties of Team Leaders include:
1. To develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with students.
2. To initiate contacts, stimulate conversation and excitement among students, to assist in supervision of team sessions, activities and field trips, and to be involved in all aspects of delivering the core content of the program to students.
3. To mentor and coach student teams to help them develop their ideas to the fullest potential and understand the components of a business model. To help prepare teams to give a live presentation of their product and business model to a mock panel of investors.
4. To stimulate creative and divergent thinking among the students.
5. To attend all staff meetings and a mandatory weekend training and planning session the week prior to opening day.
6. To work cooperatively with other program Faculty, Team Leaders and Resident Advisors to create a collaborative community of leadership for the students.
Four to five positions are open. Pay is based on experience and background. A room and all meals will be provided at no cost. Team Leaders will be on duty daily and are encouraged to join in with the evening and weekend activities in order to build closer relationships with the students.
Each Team Leader is required to attend mandatory training and planning from June 3-June 8, 2013. GSE session is from June 9-June 29, 2013.
GSE is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment will be conditioned upon an unremarkable background check.